Student VPN project, help would be greatly appreciated!

>Hey guys!
I have tried other avenues to seek a little bit of help, hopefully this might be the right place to ask now.

I am planning to build a VPN built on top of blockchain tech for my final year project in college, now I am quite familiar with blockchain tech but not a lot with regards to the inner workings of a VPN, do you guys know of any solid resources I could use to learn about building my own VPN?

I have searched but I have had no luck as of yet, outside of using a third party API for the VPN part of things.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!
And thank you in advanced for taking you time to read this, I really appreciate it! 🙂

خرید فیلترشکن

8 دیدگاه برای “Student VPN project, help would be greatly appreciated!”

1. Suggestion: don’t try to rewrite a VPN when what you’re really doing is trying to put a different business model on top of a consumption service (which just happens to be VPN but could just as easily be a cloud compute service, or a storage service, etc). Use OVPN, or Wireguard, or something else, and focus on wrapping that in your measurement, auth, payment and settlement services. Abstract it away so you can use the same idea for other services later. Profit.

2. Building a VPN requires good amount of networking knowledge to begin with. You may start there. But it is not an easy thing and will take significant time and effort. You need to build both Client and Server.

3. If you just want to get your own VPN server up and running, the easiest way to do that is to spin up an AWS instance and use one of the preconfigured OpenVPN access server instances that they have available. If it’s just yourself using it, you can use minimal specs.

Is there something more complex you want to do? Like are you looking to create your own libraries? I’m happy to give you some direction, just need more detail.

4. Look into Wireguard or OpenVPN and setting that up on the cloud or even on a physical raspberry pi.

There’s plenty of tutorials out there on the web on how to get a basic setup working. You will need some knowledge of computer networking depending on how advance/techinal your trying to go.

دیدگاه‌ها بسته شده‌اند.