Questions about ddos attacks on Xbox and vpn, story in description..

>Hi peeps hope you are all doing well and keeping safe, now….

Long story short, I have a friend on Xbox who claims he has been DDOS’d several times. (Assuming that it’s possible and is true) I said why don’t you get a good secure VPN?

He said vpn doesn’t stop it, which is true – correct?

I said yes but it can prevent it and is extremely secure.

He said VPN isn’t and that he can still get booted offline by the guy who is “attacking” my friend by the guy using a paid online booter?????? I asked what he meant as I haven’t heard that before but from what I understand, it is a online service you pay for and it’s as if it’s a 1 click and they’re offline type of software….

Is this true? Can anyone elaborate?

Even without a VPN how secure is my network on Xbox Live? Do you think he is really getting attacked or is it just bad internet.

I mainly want answers from people who are really educated about things like not from information they got off someone from YouTube….Thanks guys.

خرید فیلترشکن

2 دیدگاه برای “Questions about ddos attacks on Xbox and vpn, story in description..”

1. >Assuming that it’s possible

It is.

>He said vpn doesn’t stop it, which is true – correct?

>I said yes but it can prevent it

It doesn’t stop it and he can still get booted offline *but* since it changes your public IP, you can just switch to a different server and be back online.

Of course if it’s always the same guy(s) and your friend always has the same home IP, they can just attack that even if he uses VPN.

>it is a online service you pay for and it’s as if it’s a 1 click and they’re offline type of software….

True. But they are often for like few minutes at a time.

“[We guarantee 10-20Gbps per boot and 75-100Gbps using VIP mode.](https://i.gyazo.com/1d12b0c020a0744bc4ddfaf66c25e3ff.png)”

https://i.gyazo.com/eba11e172419df7b73cc27b7474b91e8.png

>Even without a VPN how secure is my network on Xbox Live?

That depends on the game/chat servers and if any of them use P2P.

>Do you think he is really getting attacked or is it just bad internet.

If he can’t use the internet on any device then yes, he’s getting booted.

2. There isn’t that much more I can add as others have answered your questions already. I do have one thing to add though, and that’s the fact that there are VPN’s out there who specialize in this kind of thing — that is having servers around the world that are hosted on high capacity DDoS protected networks with the intention of tanking attacks so people’s home connections don’t have to. Some of these are paid, some are free.

دیدگاه‌ها بسته شده‌اند.