How to get around campus blocking VPN?

>Hey guys, as you can see from the title I’m trying to use a VPN on my campusnetwork. My only issue is that after say twenty to sixty minutes, I lose Internet connection and have to reconnect to the WiFi. I should definitely add before hand that my school forces us to install SafeConnects policy key, the bane of my existence and what I think is causing this. I’ve tried spoofing my Chrome to not have to install it but that didn’t work.

I thought initially that they were detecting my VPN (I use TorGuard), and that still may be it. I’ve tried using the OpenVPN stealth protocol (port 4443) with both TCP and UDP, port 443 on OpenVPN, WireGuard, and OpenConnect as well as L2TP.

I changed my DNS to Google’s Open DNS just to see if that was the issue and that didn’t seem to fix it although (it may be coincidental) I did get it to consistently connect for like an hour.

Do I even have any options at this point or should I just accept defeat?

خرید فیلترشکن

6 دیدگاه برای “How to get around campus blocking VPN?”

1. Just ask school tech desk if they allow VPNS if they don’t, they’ll tell you, and then you’ll have to gauge if you want to try and circumvent that. Otherwise they might help you set it up. These guys saying you’ll get kicked out are talking out of their ass for the most part. Had an issue with mine a while back and talked with the school help desk guys and they helped me get it working. If they say they block vpn connections follow up your post if you’re gonna try and get around it.

2. Did you ask your school’s help desk for assistance? That will be the fastest way rather than us taking guesses at what might work and what won’t work.

3. I think this could be a WiFi issue, not a VPN issue. WiFi is least reliable way of connecting to the internet, especially if its a public wifi like on campus grounds where it is used by a lot of people at the same time. If you have somewhere you can use a wired connection, try wired connection first.

4. The campus is the underlay and the VPN is an overlay. The campus can see you’re sending ALL of your packets to a single destination. My suggestion is to split tunnel and only VPN the traffic you want to obfuscate

5. Shadowsocks was designed to get through the Great Firewall of China.

It sounds like you have the same problem as people in China have.

You can cloak Shadowsocks into https traffic (it will look like browser traffic) and hopefully that will fool the ultra-strict traffic blocking policies

دیدگاه‌ها بسته شده‌اند.