Question About Setting up a VPN on a Home Router

>Hi All!

I was looking into setting up a VPN on my home router, but couldn’t quite find a straightforward answer. My home internet and router are through Spectrum, but when I log into my router, I don’t see any option for a VPN configuration. So, what would be the best way to set up a VPN on a Spectrum Router? Would I need to buy a different router that supports VPN capabilities or could I still install something through the Spectrum router?

خرید فیلترشکن

3 دیدگاه برای “Question About Setting up a VPN on a Home Router”

1. You can disable the router feature on your Spectrum modem/router & connect a separate router with a VPN client feature. Even better you can buy a modem as well to replace what you got from Spectrum. You can save money in the long run as you’re not gonna be paying a monthly charge from Spectrum for renting a modem/router.

2. Not all routers are set up for VPN use, and I haven’t seen any provided by cable companies that have the capability. There are custom firmware for some older routers and many higher end routers now come with the option.

3. if its a ISP router forget it 🙂 unless their using a rebanded normal router, likes been said your better using a different router

دیدگاه‌ها بسته شده‌اند.