If I setup openvpn on a router like Asus, Netgear etc for remote access, will my speeds suffer when accessing the internet from *inside* the network?

>Sorry for the noob question: In other words, i want to set up a remote access VPN to protect my network from the outside world. However, I don’t want my internet speed to suffer when i’m using the internet from home (99% of the time) – is this something i would have to worry about if I setup a router with something like OpenVPN?

خرید فیلترشکن

2 دیدگاه برای “If I setup openvpn on a router like Asus, Netgear etc for remote access, will my speeds suffer when accessing the internet from *inside* the network?”

1. If you are hosting the VPN server on your router you will only see a performance hit when someone is connected to the VPN and pulling data. It will eat up whatever bandwidth it is using

2. Routers, as I understand it (from my web browsing) are not the best option for hosting a VPN server. The hardware is not really up to the task. I have DDWRT on a Netgear router, but have switched to using a spare raspberrypi I had lying around, with pivpn.

دیدگاه‌ها بسته شده‌اند.